Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen... I'M OLD.

This weekend was RIDIC. Allow me to walk you through it...

THURSDAY
I decided to count my calories because I was curious about how much of a caloric deficit I've been in since going gluten and dairy free. I figured I was in a deficit because I lost weight even when I barely exercised. Turns out, I've been eating between 2,500 and 3,000 EVERY DAY. UM, WHAT?! How awesome is that?! Here's the thing though, I'm now trying to cut back on calories to see what happens. I've created a 1,700 calorie menu that I'll follow four days a week. I'm thinking that if I eat 2,500 calories only three days a week rather than seven, I'll probably lose more weight! That still blows my mind...

FRIDAY
After work I decided to finally have a "cheat" day. The first thing I consumed was cookies. AMAZING. Then, I enjoyed a hard cider (which is gluten-free, but contains 5% alcohol). Then, I had a hot-dog with a bun... RISKY. About two hours after eating said hot-dog, my eyes started itching like crazy, my nose stuffed up and my throat became super scratchy. It felt like I was rolling around in a field of dandelions. I'm not sure if this is the common reaction to eating gluten for the first time in a month, but its what happened to me. Long story short, by Friday night, I felt like A HORSE'S ASS.

SATURDAY
Since I felt like balls after eating A HOT-DOG BUN, I decided my "cheat meals" will consists of sweets and hard cider; no more bread. So, this day was special because it was my really good friend's golden birthday and my boyfriend's family was in town. Since I was planning on being social, I decided to have some drinks. I ended having a super fun night and didn't consume any gluten or dairy. HOORAY. I didn't drink a lot either......

SUNDAY
PSYCH. When I woke up this morning I felt like I was DYING. I've concluded that alcohol is no longer a fun thing to drink :(  I'm totally over feeling like AIDS upon awakening. I'd rather have a couple hard ciders and a cookie and feel happily plump. The worse thing is that I had a diet ginger-ale to calm my stomach and THAT tasted like hell! THE DAY SO ISN'T MINE.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm stoked! I've officially trained my body to despise unhealthy things! I also hate the way I feel right now, and would give anything to feel how I felt all day Friday (and every day for the past month!!) At least I know I haven't been "missing out" on anything. Fortunately, I didn't lose any progress and am more motivated to get back eating healthy.

The moral of the story is: if you're planning on going on a strict diet and are afraid of missing out on the unhealthy things you enjoyed the most, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. The greatness you feel due to being healthy trumps the hell out of your daily Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Its pretty awesome if you ask me!

If you want to buy any AdvoCare products, please, visit my website and select "SHOP" on the top menu bar. Also, drop me a line if you want help picking out a product or two.

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home